The GE Druck MCX II portable documenting calibrator is the most
comprehensive field calibration tool available. Designed for field use,
this rugged, self-contained, battery powered package simulates and reads
RTDs, thermocouples, and resistance. Documenting calibrators from the
MCX II series source and read milliamps, millivolts, volts, and
frequency. With interchangeable single and dual sensor pressure modules,
over 90 input and output ranges are available to the MCX II.
The MCX II multi-process calibrator saves time and money with the
calibration, maintenance, and commissioning of instrumentation for
process plants, production lines, utility processing, and distribution
- Reducing the burden imposed by quality systems such as ISO 9000.
- Reducing calibration, maintenance and commissioning time.
- Reducing documentation time and errors.
- Replacing several standard test instruments.
- Reducing test instrument calibration costs.
- Minimizing downtime and maximizing efficient field usage.
The MCX II's PCMCIA memory card provides data storage and gives total
flexibility to suit different working practices. By simply exchanging
PCMCIA cards, the MCX II calibrator can remain permanently in the field
- this can save valuable time when compared to serial data transfer
methods. With a single item to calibrate, the cost of recalibration is
reduced and the inconvenience of downtime is minimized.
HART® communicator for SMART transmitters
The HART® communicator allows digital field adjustment of smart
transmitters. Typical adjustments to sensor and analog trims can take up
to 40 minutes using conventional test equipment and a handheld
communicator. With a single MCX II calibrator, this time can be reduced
to less than 10 minutes including a fully documented calibration.
Easy to use
The MCX II calibrator has been designed for ease of use while meeting
a wide range of application needs including calibration, maintenance,
and commissioning. The easy-to-operate menu driven software enables the
MCX II to be set up very quickly. Simply scroll through the input and
output menus to select the required parameters. Operating and connection
errors such as loop resistance mismatch and cold junction temperature
sensor absence are reported. The KEYSTROKING memory enables instant
recall of previously stored user tests.
Each MCX II calibrator has a dual parameter display which shows the
input and output values in large clear digits with all applicable
information such as the units of measurement and range. Using the
rotating display, the rear face electrical connectors, and wide neck
strap, this portable calibrator can be safely worn around the neck or
fastened to a suitable pipe or valve. This leaves the operator's hands
free at all times and prevents dangerous dropages.
Capabilities of the MCX II Calibrator include:
- Input/output mA
- Input/simulate 12 types of T/C
- Input/simulate 9 types of RTD
- Input/output frequency and pulses
- Simulate transmitter input and measure transmitter output
- Input/output mV/V
- Input/output resistance
- Measure pressure: -14.7 to 5000 psi
- Test switches: captures values on contact change
- Trim smart HART transmitters